Thursday 21 January 2010

Its not Quantum Physics.....



Anonymous Unique Sister writing her tale of her quest:

It's weird, you don't even realise that anybody's interested in you. You're living a relatively carefree life when one day your parents say, "Hey kiddo, it's about time you got hitched, so we've invited a gentleman round to meet you". My parents prefer that I meet people rather than deciding by looking at a picture and bio-data ('bio-data' - I love the word, it's so bad it's got be Asian).

Come the day, I was nervous (naturally), I dressed myself appropriately (nice Aarong suit and not too much make-up, cos when I do I always end up looking like I'm in drag which I'm sure you'll agree is definitely not a good look). I went downstairs, took a seat while my brothers and sisters gathered around me like my personal henchmen while we made conversation.

I really tried to like him, but all I could think was he didn't look anything like his picture - he looked about 45 years old, with a pot belly, receding hairline and had teeth like Shrek with beetlenut stains all over them (UGH)!!! He turned up with every certificate he had ever gained from school, college and uni and for somebody with a degree in English, the spelling mistakes on his bio-data were simply unforgivable. Worst of all, he kept talking about how much money he'd made, which I thought was really crass and vulgar. I'm sure he's a really nice person, and I honestly hope he is happy wherever he is now. I'm just eternally grateful, he's not with me.

No comments: