Thursday 19 July 2007

Espanol Chica


Espanol Chica! Met one over the years. This was a Bengali girl like no other as she loved Spanish like it was the bees knees, giving me Como esta, Me nombre...well after much deliberation and competition on the spanish phrases I was definitely beaten and had my work cut out!
As for the Chica, she was pleasant as one can be. She however was part of the Bengali aristocracy a place called "Nwakali", now I was not too sure of the exact predicament of the people of their area Vs my family who very much proudly originate from the people republic of Sylhet i.e. ordinary folk from the village. Her family consists of Army officials, barristers, doctors and alike and they were partying and functioning with the powers to be within Bangladesh.
This high flying socialites, our family were definitely not so I suggested maybe too many assumptions may not go down too well so I suggested we meet.
After meeting at a Arabe Cafe in Shephards Bush, I concluded that things were left as they were and we go our own ways. First they speak a different mother tongue, have different values, and more so I thought there was definitely no attraction there, as she was just too tall and big for me.
So adios chica was the last and final word here.

No comments: